Wednesday 16 March 2016

Parade Banner

So after my sketching I drew out the parade in coloured pencil and fineliner.
I didn't want it to look too laboured so I drew the characters quite instinctively instead of planning each one, this way I think they look more born from the same world.

It's been a while since I've used fineliner, its quite nice. Mostly because it's so easy. There's no fuss or sharpening or direction of stroke consideration. Just making lines. I like it, it's nice to sketch in as well, very immediate medium.

Here's the line drawing.


In reflection I think subconsciously I took inspiration from Bendik Kaltenborn's signing of my copy of Adult Contemporary, particularly the lettering. I like his visualisation of sounds, like the banner on his website thats a gun or something.

Anyway I'm pretty satisfied with this, I think it works as an image and represents my practice and I pretty well.
My favourite is the guy at the back who was late for the parade.
And the tiny guy who was inexplicably tasked with holding the biggest sign.
I think the world, and my work, could do with some more visual comedy. 

I found it it's a gun



No comments:

Post a Comment