Tuesday 12 April 2016

CV

I've made a new CV.
It had to be in keeping with my branded aesthetic, i.e primary colours, character parade banner, dots and dashes pattern.

I looked at a bunch of 'creative CVs' on pinterest and what not and some had good ideas but mostly they were just naff and gimicy

So yeah I wanted to keep it kinda basic, like a normal CV but pretty and colourful and consistant with my branding.
I made a CV in summer when I was unemployed and dirt poor, and it ended up getting me the job because non-creative people (sometimes) dig that stuff.

This is the summer CV

 Looks alright but I've moved on.
Gotta throw some yellow into the mix.

Here is my new one.

I really think it screams in your face
AAAHHRG. READ ME.
But yeah I like it, it's waht I'm about right now and all that.
Patricks advice was remove some jobs and put the education in order of most recent first, which I have done, and I have removed Till Operator at KFC and event catering staff. Nobody has to know.
I've put my placement on cos deleting some jobs freed up extra space, and its a big thing, don't think it matters that I havent done it yet. And when I have I can change it to past tence.

Tried to keep it short and light. Nobody wants to be bored reading a CV, or for it to take longer than 5 miuntes.

I will have to update my portrait at some point though since I had a mid youth crisis and cut all my hair off.

No comments:

Post a Comment