Thursday 15 May 2014

Plans and research

thinking of making an a1 comic or fitting one onto a1 somehow, perhaps folding? but then its still a book so i'd be as well making a zine and blowing up one comic page to a1. planning format first so I know what to plan my ideas around

whilst getting sidetracked with doodling i decided to definitely use a limited amount of colour similar to how I coloured Vis Com, using layers of the same few colours overlapped to make new ones.  

considering basing it on a character

realised i could use a recent topic of interest as my subject matter; stupid and unusual deaths

compiled a list of the deaths i'd found that were the most noteworthy and would work best as comics.

more potential ideas and a vague plan for how to visualise the death of a man who suffocated under a pile of appreciative hats and coats on stage.

I want to make sure the tone of the comic is not too sinister. I'm aiming for the comics to be funny at first and then a little bit horrible on second thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment