Monday 2 March 2015

TASK 1

1.What should your identity convey about you?
  • the work I want/am willing to do
  • why it is different and preferable to the work of another practitioner
  • my attitudes and ethos in terms of the job and my business
  • who I am, details etc. identification, contact

2. Is it actually important to have an identity as an illustrator?
I suppose an identity forms whether premeditated or not, based on ones work and habits and personality, but since it shows clients who you are and what you do its probably best to make conscious and informed decisions about ones identity and how it is perceived from an outside perspective to ensure it gives the right impression and beckons the right kind of work.
3. What could be included in your pack and why?
  • some form of comic or booklet, sequential narrative, a la chris ware for lambiek 
  • business card
  • postcard
  • larger booklet? sample of existing comic
  • ephemera/stuff, a toy, game, coaster, souvenir, some object of interest, something fun, a tiny wig, whatever
  • pleasantly packaged in a well planned way, compartments/pockets for items, custom made card packet, envelopes and little things to open, (secret life of bears) interactive and tangible.

4.What are you wanting to achieve by producing promotional items?
  • a greater feeling/air of professionalism 
  • something to present to clients, show what I actually do, currently I have nothing to show anyone what I do, just files and stuff 
  • figure out my 'identity' and what I'm actually doing

No comments:

Post a Comment